MIXED AND MATCHED

Wednesday, February 03, 2016 0 Comments

Hi lovelies! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend? I did! So sad January is ending I really enjoyed every bit of it but I am absolutely looking forward to the rest of the year. I have a few projects up my sleeves which I will be unveiling soon.
Today's post is about mixing and matching prints before that I'd like to say something. We meet different people everyday and the way we relate with them really matters. 'The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships' Anthony Robbins.People will always hurt us one way or the other, how we choode to react is key.As my Mom would say 'try as much possible within your capacity to be at live with everyone. One of the principles of designing is harmony. Colours, patterns, texture, etc must blend together to produce an harmonized picture. When you look for the best in others, you ultimately bring out the best in you! In life, living in harmony with everyone breeds a peaceful enviroment for all. First seek to understand and then be understood. Put others first before you!
I love to experiment, try a little this and that you know. I decided to try mixing prints, hmn! Mixing prints can be really trickish but fun if you know what you are doing. It is like painting a picture. Keep it simple and stick to same colour palette or families of colour if you are mixing patterns. If you are mixing same pattern but different colours, just make sure the colours blend in and not apart. You can go monotone, or try ombre for that edgy look. It was fun mixing and matching prints. It turned out well didn't it? I will be trying more of mixing prints.
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Phil 2:3 Thank you for stoping by, dont forget to drop your comments. I'd love to hear from you. Outfit Details Ankara dress: Mabeli Inspired! Strappy heels: Lagos Island Earrings and braclets: accessories by mabeli Purse: accessories by mabeli

0 comments: